I am about 90% sure that I have poor morals. I cannot tell if this makes me a bad person or not. You know when you play that game, “how much would someone have to pay you to do _______ ?” Yeah, I am always the cheap one.
“How much would someone have to pay you to sleep with a stranger?”
“Is he diseased?”
“No”
“Would anyone ever find out?”
“No”
“I dunno, like $200?”
“……..”
One time my co-worker told me that at Subway "sandwich artist" had given her $40 too much in change and she gave it back to the woman. I was honestly appalled. Without even giving it a second thought, I would have kept that money and spent it on cocktails for my friends and I.
When people accidentally give me too much change back at a store, when the waiter leaves items off a tab, when I find money on the ground, I never say anything. Other people say they don’t do that stuff, but a part of me feels like they think the same way, but lie to make themselves more socially acceptable. I mean, who wouldn’t love to get an extra taco in their food order or a $5 back instead of a $1? Does this make me morally questionable? Maybe. But I mean I do donate to charity, so I think I get some points there.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment