There are a lot of ways you can make a name for yourself at your company. You can be the hard worker, willing to go the extra mile. You can be the freeloader that everyone needs to pick up slack for. You can be the office bicycle, the procrastinator, the jerk, or the person who perpetually calls in sick. It takes a unique individual to become the creep. I am pretty sure I have accomplished this task.
Back in the day when I used to have way less work to do, I found myself with a lot of time on my hands. I have a pretty monotonous job and it often makes me feel like my brain cells are dying. One hobby I used to do to get over this boredom was to make paper dolls of my co-workers. I would print out little dolls with their photo-shopped heads on them. Then I would craft them tiny little clothing to fit their lifestyle. The IT guy was carrying a laptop and blackberry. The guy who was a hockey player in college was dressed in full gear. My co-worker who was constantly cold was dressed head-to-toe in a winter outfit. The extra creepy part was that underneath they were wearing underwear and the guy dolls had a full six pack. So you could fully undress these things. It was a great creative outlet for my relatively boring days. I thought the paper doll operation was pretty under wraps. I was able to make them when I got bored, but not too many people knew what they were…until an office dinner.
One night after work, I was attending a work dinner with a group of about 20 people. It was a pretty conservative crowd and there were a few partners from my office in attendance. After having a few glasses of wine, my co-worker decided to tell everyone about how I made these undressable paper dolls of different people in the office. As she was telling everyone all about my wierd little project, I looked around the table. All I witnessed was dead silence and mixed looks of confusion, unease, and slight disgust that said it all. You are the office creep.
Back in the day when I used to have way less work to do, I found myself with a lot of time on my hands. I have a pretty monotonous job and it often makes me feel like my brain cells are dying. One hobby I used to do to get over this boredom was to make paper dolls of my co-workers. I would print out little dolls with their photo-shopped heads on them. Then I would craft them tiny little clothing to fit their lifestyle. The IT guy was carrying a laptop and blackberry. The guy who was a hockey player in college was dressed in full gear. My co-worker who was constantly cold was dressed head-to-toe in a winter outfit. The extra creepy part was that underneath they were wearing underwear and the guy dolls had a full six pack. So you could fully undress these things. It was a great creative outlet for my relatively boring days. I thought the paper doll operation was pretty under wraps. I was able to make them when I got bored, but not too many people knew what they were…until an office dinner.
One night after work, I was attending a work dinner with a group of about 20 people. It was a pretty conservative crowd and there were a few partners from my office in attendance. After having a few glasses of wine, my co-worker decided to tell everyone about how I made these undressable paper dolls of different people in the office. As she was telling everyone all about my wierd little project, I looked around the table. All I witnessed was dead silence and mixed looks of confusion, unease, and slight disgust that said it all. You are the office creep.




that is hi-larious...as long as you don't work in the same office as me HAH
ReplyDelete