Party Kel makes fun of me constantly, because she says I always have some money making scheme going on. I wouldn’t quite say they are schemes, but more that I interested in a lot of different things and I love making money on the side. Plus I find being rich in social currency helps to fill the gapping black hole in my life, also known as my dead end job. Here is a list of a few things I do for extra dough.
1. I am a member of TV and radio ratings
I didn’t seek this out, they contacted me and the offer was too good to pass up. Every time you hear about a show getting good or bad ratings, I help contribute to that number. If you are a 25 to 30-year-old female living in the Bay Area, I represent you. I carry around this tiny black pager-looking devise that picks up TV and radio signals. You may think this is stupid, but they pay me $100/month just for carrying it in my purse.
2. I am a Yelp Elite and CitySearch Dictator
I had spoken about this in a previous post, but I love writing restaurant reviews and more than that I love all the perks of being involved in these programs. I have attended some amazing events through the Yelp Elite program. I have also won literally over $1k in prizes from being Citysearch Dictator, including a free dinner at Ozumo, two hair cuts and colors from Sassoon, free brunch at Oola, and gift cards to Arlequin Wine Merchant, Tacolicious, and SF Giants.
3. I have a gig posting on Fiverr.com
A while back I discovered this site where you can post tasks and people pay you $5 to complete them. Basically the platform is “I will do ___ for $5”. My gig is “I will fan and suggest your Facebook page to my 5,700 plus friends for $5.” If you are friends with me on Facebook, don’t fear. I don’t use my real account. I have a fake one in place where I have friended thousands of randoms just for Fiverr. I’d tell you her name, but I doubt you want all the invites I send. It took me a while to build up the page, but I have made about $100 from gigs so far.
4. I am a freelance writer
I actually took this job, because I love it. I had mentioned on a previous post about getting a position as an Online Editor for Haute Living and I am really enjoying it. I get to write about anything I want (as long as it is upscale) and it has been a great platform for me to get my work out there. It also gives me a great opportunity to promote businesses for some of my friends. Look for future articles on Gigi Ouf, Designer Deejays and Korbin Kameron.
More than the money, I actually get a lot of satisfaction out of these side gigs. Maybe some day I can have just one job that I love and can throw all my passion and energy into. But for now, all of these random jobs make me happy. If you are asking yourself how I manage to do all of this and still have time to eat, sleep, tweet, blog, Facebook and watch trashy TV, the answer is simple. I am a vampire.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You could have just ended this post after the first 7 words... No further explanation necessary.
ReplyDelete