Back in 2008, Party Kel and I used to spend a lot of our weekends at her friend Jenn’s apartment. Jenn lived in San Francisco at the time and we were still living at home with our parents. Most weekends that we crashed at her apartment, her roommate Kathy was out of town or with her boyfriend. It was really convenient, because Party Kel and I could just crash in her room. We spent so many nights in Kathy’s room that we started calling ourselves Kathy and Kathy.
Pretty soon we regularly called ourselves the Kathys. Even our parents called us the Kathys. For the longest time, I had never even met Kathy. Party Kel only knew Kathy vaguely from college. Needless to say, the fact that we called ourselves the Kathys was creepy. Eventually I did get to meet Kathy and Party Kel and I occasionally run into her and drunkenly harass her.
The Kathys have an official iPhone emoticon that our friends and family use:
And we even “Kathy attack” people some time by texting or posting this photo on their Facebook page:
Recently, THE Kathy got engaged. She posted an album on Facebook with all of her engagement photos. The Kathys decided they needed a little bit of tweaking, so with my Photoshop skills I made a few adjustments. Below is the email that Party Kel sent to Jenn and Kathy with her new and improved engagement photo.
Happy engagement, we can't wait for our big day!!!
XOXO,
The Kathys





No comments:
Post a Comment