I’m not going to lie. I have been struggling this week to come up with something to write about. Usually posts are created organically. I write about things I think about or occurrences that happened to me. This week I was so busy working and had a crazy event-packed weekend and I just can’t think of anything substantial to write about.
To help me brainstorm some ideas I started Googling tips to help stimulate my mind. No, I didn’t look at porn. I Googled “writer’s block”. I found this website that has a story generating machine. Ok fine, it is a on the Scholastic website and is aimed for school aged children grades K-6th.
My Story Starters spin generated the following command: “Write a newspaper ad to try to sell a depressed circus performer who only talks in rhyme”. Well Story Starters machine, you may have attempted to be PG, but you haven’t met the likes of me!
Craigslist.com > Personals > Casual Encounter
Hello there new friend, my name is Louise
I perform with the circus on the flying trapeze
I fly through the air on a swinging rope
But I’m also depressed and have trouble to cope
I’m sad all the time and don’t know what to do
Even on my happiest days I am still kind of blue
I hear celebs in Hollywood take anti-depressants
But those crazy pills cost more than halfpence
I’ve talked to an elephant who works as a shrink
(He is really quite smart I so often think)
We worked through my problem and it seems I’m afraid
That the solution to my problem is I have to get laid
Being so sad I can barely leave my bed
So would you be willing to come here instead?
I’m having a party in my pants so I hope you can attend
Have I mentioned my amazing ability to bend?
Email me a picture, your name, and likes
And I will see if a spark of attraction strikes
I’m sure our encounter will be quite a thriller
But please do email if you are a craigslist killer
So I guess all in all this little story generator did cure my writer’s block, for now. I guess I better go out of my way this week to be even more ridiculous, unproductive, and probably drunk to come up with some new content.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment