Saturday, August 14, 2010
NEWSFLASH: No one cares
A few weeks ago, on my daily car ride to my shuttle stop, I got stuck in a little bit of traffic. Trying not to get too frustrated at the possibility of missing my bus, I started checking out the cars around me. Right in front of me was a Honda Civic with a “I’m pro choice and I vote” bumper sticker placed on the right hand side of their rear window. “Oh God,” I thought, rolling my eyes. Then I realized, wait, I am pro-choice and I vote as well. Why the heck did I have such a visceral reaction to something that also describes me?
That’s when I realized my dislike for fact-stating bumper stickers. People in today’s society are not only totally self-obsessed, but they also feel the need to express themselves on such a regular basis that they choose to litter their cars with their opinions.
“I’d rather be golfing” – Awesome, but in the mean time please stop driving at golf cart speeds.
“My child is an honor roll student at Franklin Middle School” – If you are proud enough of this fact to permanently stick this on your car, you probably didn’t go to college.
The worst are the family stickers where they show cartoon figures of their kids with their names underneah. Hello geniuses, have you ever heard of kidnapping? Sounds like Creepy McNeighborhoodRaper just got a lucky break.
Of course, you can argue that I write a blog that is a basically a word-vomit plethora of my opinions, however you can choose not to read this. I cannot choose to avoid bumper sticker-ridden cars that drive in front of me. In general, my stance on life is that no one is ever going to care about anything about you as much as you do, so you might as well keep it to yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment