Sunday, September 26, 2010

New friend with questionable taste

For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you know I have a fellow blogger acquaintance named Gigi. Gigi is a stylist and fashion blogger. We met at a friend’s birthday party a while ago and started what can only be described as an online relationship. I honestly mean that in the least creepy way possible. I had run into her at a few events, but have never spent a significant amount of time with her.

Gigi and I, as well as Party Kel, are members of the Citysearch Insiders. I have written about this program before and all the awesome benefits it has. Last week, Citysearch threw us a party where we got to sip champagne and snack on cupcakes, while we got our hair done and eyebrows threaded. After the fun event, party Kel and I went to have a drink with Gigi and her friend Lindsey.

Earlier that day, I had posted this story about Party Kel and our concert rivalry. Gigi shocked Party Kel into almost crying level 10 groupie tears when she commented below the post that her brother knew Nick Carter and could introduce her anytime. Of course when we got to the bar, this was the first thing we started talking about. Apparently Gigi’s brother has a lot of famous friends in Hollywood, including the girls from The Hills. Gigi then went on to tell me her experience at the party during this episode of The Hills and how staged the production was. I was devastated, because no matter what people said, I still thought it was real.

From there, Gigi went on to tell us that her brother even gave her the number of her celebrity love, Vinny. In my mind I thought she was referring to “Vinny Chase” aka. Adrian Grenier from Entourage. Oh boy, was I mistaken. Gigi was actually referring to Vinny Guadagnino, who stars in MTV’s “Jersey Shore.” Yes Vinny, the guido with chick eyebrows.  I was shocked. This pretty girl who has so much class, great personal style and a sense of humor had a boner for Vinny from the Jersey Shore? I thought that was the worst of it, but I was wrong.

Vinny Guadagnino and his chick eyebrows

She then told us that her other celebrity crush was Jason Wahler. For those of you who don’t know who Jason Wahler is, he was a star of MTV’s “Laguna Beach” and later went on to guest star as Lauren Conrad’s boyfriend in “The Hills” before a slew of drunk driving and drug possession arrests. His latest accomplishment? “He was at the VMAs because he just finished filming for Celebrity Rehab,” Gigi informed us.

Jason Wahler's mug shot

All in all we had a great night sipping cocktails and chatting. I'm glad we finally got a chance to get to know each other. Now I just have to find some way to forgive her for her horrible taste men.

4 comments:

  1. I guess when you disclose your personal information to blogger friends, your ish will end up on the internet.... lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've been trying to figure out exactly what it is about Vinny that creeps me out (besides the obvious)

    ...it's the chick eyebrows - Thanks for clearing that up!

    _CSchweigs

    www.thedailypudding.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, would rather see Nick Carter's mug up there then both those greasy losers.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to admit it, but I think Vinny's kinda cute too. But if I had to choose one Jersey Shore guy, it'd definitely be Paulie, if only for the opportunity to run my fingers through that shellacked head of hair. Situation has nice abs, but is a total butter-face.

    ReplyDelete