The cast of The Hills
When discussing my love of these girls with my friend and fellow blogger, Gigi Ouf (yes, THE Gigi Ouf of Gigi Ouf THE BLOG), she informed me that she had been present during the taping of an episode. I basically lost my shit. I made her divulge every detail. It turns out her brother is friends with their crowd in L.A. and while Gigi was visiting, she attended a party at Lauren Conrad’s house. Not just any party. It was the party where the future love-of-my-life Stephen Colletti made a guest appearance. I died. Why am I so obsessed with the stars of this show? This breaks down into 3 simple facts.
1. They are all incredibly good looking
Ok, minus the girl formerly known as Heidi, all of these girls are just gorgeous. They are thin, pretty, and have amazing style. Hate on them, because they are on TV, but if you saw them in person you’d be envious for sure.
2. They are rich
Lauren Conrad was making an estimated $65k per episode during her last season of filming The Hills. That is more than I make in a year! In her final season, they filmed 20 episodes. That is a cool $1.3 million for her last season and all she had to do was let cameras follow her around for a few hours a day. Not too shabby. That brings me to my next point…
3. They are famous for no reason
Basically these girls won the lottery in high school when they were picked to be filmed for Laguna Beach and it basically made them household names. I say they won the lottery, because they all have little to no talent. One of the characters of The Hills has even had a spin off (Whitney Port of The City) and there is even a spinoff of spinoff (Kelly Cutrone’s Kell on Earth). Not only has this show generated little baby shows, but Lauren Conrad has gone on to be a best selling author and a semi-famous fashion designer. Whitney Port’s line, Whitney Eve, has been featured in a multitude of fashion magazines and has been very successful (as well as lucrative) for her. These girls basically get to do whatever the heck they want with their lives, because they are well known.
In summary, you love to hate them, but basically we all know we are just a teeny bit jealous. I don’t know many people who would turn down a life of notoriety and a seemingly endless flow of cash. Would you?



hahaha love it. Thanks for the shout out :) xx
ReplyDeletehttp://gigiouf.blogspot.com/