Sex and the City 2 movie poster
The story line for Sex and the City 1 was a stretch, to put it nicely. The entire thing just seemed forced and drawn out. Plus, no one wants to see 40-year-old++ woman running around Manhattan acting like they are in their twenties. They should have honestly renamed the movie Cougar and the City. It would have been more fitting. I always loved Samantha as a character on the show, but if you knew a woman in her fifties acting that way, you’d be embarrassed of her to say the least. At that age, it’s just not cute anymore. I honestly never liked Big in the series, so to see him pull those jerk movies on Carrie, just to be forgiven in the end was just frustrating. It just sends the wrong message.
Carrie's wedding from Sex and the City
The ending of the series was perfect. It was full of storybook romance and unending friendship. The “American Girl in Paris” episodes still make me cry every time I watch them. To drag it on into a film just seems like a network’s attempt to make money (which I am sure it is). And while I love the movie tag lines "Get Carried Away" (SATC 1) and "Carrie On" (SATC 2), it just isn't enough to repeat the quaintness of the show. I think it’s possible to still love the series and to dislike the films. It’s kind of like how Star Wars fans hate the new generation films (wow M, nerd alert). Of course no matter how much I choose to dislike the Sex and the City movies, I will still always envy their gorgeous wardrobes.




No comments:
Post a Comment