Saturday, May 22, 2010

Apple (sort of) attempts to explain the iPad

Last night I saw the iPad commercial for the first time. I am sure it’s been all over TV for a while, but I am super cool and have a DVR, so I can skip over these annoyances. The commercial explains:

“What is iPad? iPad is thin. iPad is beautiful. iPad goes anywhere and lasts all day. There’s no right way or wrong way. It’s crazy powerful. It’s magical. You already know how to use it. It’s 200,000 apps and counting. All the world’s websites in your hand. It’s video, photos, more books than you can read in a lifetime. It’s already a revolution and it’s only just begun.”


No, no, but really. What the fuck is it? The first half of the ad makes it sound like an attractive hooker on crystal meth. The rest makes a little more sense…

I finally got my hands on an iPad and have concluded that I am completely happy having an iPhone over this thing. The iPad looks like Apple’s version of a Zack Morris cell phone…except you can’t call anyone. That didn’t stop me from mocking its owner by yelling, “Hello? Helllllooooo?!?” into it.

Zack Morris and his mobile

I will admit that it has a very clear screen and playing games on it was pretty fun. Other than that, I don’t see the point. Plus I would never pay $800 to be able to play Sniper Strike on a big screen. Also, I got the owner to admit it wasn’t as cool as he anticipated it would be. Victory.

I am content with owning my iPhone and am so happy for once I am not drinking the Kool-Aid and running to the Apple store to get their newest gadget. Now when the next iPhone comes out, that might be another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment