Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I am a McSucker for advertising

Overall I am a big fan of fast food; however, I’m a fast food fan by convenience. By that I mean if I live across the street from a fast food restaurant, I will go once a week. If it requires me to travel to get it, I will barely eat it. Right now I don’t currently live close to a fast food location, so I don’t eat it that often.

However, for the past two weeks I have been craving McDonalds, all day, every day and cannot stop thinking about it. When I was hungover on Sunday, all I wanted was McDonald’s but didn’t have the strength to make myself get out of bed and drive to one. At work, I tried to convince my co-worker to go with me to McDonald’s like 5 days in a row and she refused. I debated endlessly about what I would order. A Big Mac? The Angus Bacon & Cheese? Chicken McNuggets? I could not figure out how this all started.

Finally on Monday, I gave in and went to McDonald’s near my office. As I walk in, I realize why I am been so god-damn obsessed with it for two weeks: the freakin’ winter Olympics. McDonald’s sponsors the Olympics and I have been recording hours and hours of Olympic events. I watch everything from men’s curling to women’s bobsled and therefore have been watching endless McDonald’s commercials. This goes to show what I have suspected for years, thatI am the perfect consumer and am a sucker for advertising...But damn that Olympics-inspired sweet chili dipping sauce was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. can someone explain how Olympics can inspire a sweet chili dipping sauce..

    ReplyDelete